Hello everyone! I am finally back after a much-needed hiatus. After last semester ended I went back up to Long Island for the holidays and really vegged out. I did workout and cook but I needed a break from using too much brain power. Last semester took a lot out of me mentally and physically so when I went home I wanted to try and relax and enjoy time with my family as much as possible. Now it’s the New Year and I am back in business.
As I enter the last semester of Grad School-getting my MBA- I vow to take time to post here and on social media more. At the end of my day, this is supposed to be my passion project and hobby, not a chore so it’s time to treat it as such. I want to keep sharing with you as much as possible the strides I have made in my physicality and healthy eating. While I may have had a lapse in healthiness during the holiday season I am back on track and trying my best to have a well rounded but all-encompassing diet of eat good feel good food. Personally, I don’t believe in dieting because I’ve never had the need to but that doesn’t mean I don’t eat healthy. Life and food are all about moderation! Again it’s important to exercise as much as possible and push yourself to kick ass in the gym if you want to indulge every so often. I am a BIG believer in indulgences but I also think it’s important to have some sort of exercise or active rest 4-6 days a week! Everyone’s bodies are different so the way I eat might not metabolize the same as someone else so adjustments to the rule are necessary. I don’t cook diet food or make customized workout plans I’m just sharing what I like to cook and eat and the exercises I enjoy doing.
With that being said, here are some clips from last weeks leg workout. I was feeling sick last week and ended up being very sick over the weekend so I used lighter weights than I typically do. In this video I’m wearing Alo yoga high waist moto legging and Vixen fitted crop both in navy blue. My sneakers are Addidas Pure Boost X in black. Badass workout clothes make for an even better workout! Enjoy and kick ass!
In video order:
- Single Leg Straight Leg Deadlift and Lunge Combo: 4 sets of 20. Alternate deadlift and lunge each rep. Medium weight-dumbbells.
- Straight Leg Deadlight and Squat Combo: 4 sets of 20. Medium-heavyweight-dumbbells. Pulse deadlift into squat motion and squeeze at the top of each movement.
- Smith Machine Squat Variation: 4 sets of 10-15 medium weight-weight plate. Adjust the smith machine to sit right behind your knees and use it to lean back, you really feel this one in your booty. Squeezeeeee at the top of each movement.
- Superset with: Smith Machine Vertical Leg Press: 4 sets of 10-15. Heavyweight. Scooch all the way up so your legs and body make a 90-degree angle, your booty should be directly under the bar.
Also part of the workout but not seen in the video:
- Hip Thrusts: 4 sets of 20, heavyweight.
- Split Squats: Video linked! 4 sets of 10 on each side, light-medium weight.
Lastly, I’m so sorry I’ve been gone for so long. One of my New Year’s Resolutions is to post more regardless of how busy I get with work and school! It can be hard because my life isn’t always glamorous. Some days I’m repeating workouts, eating PB&J’s on a rice cake (me this morning) or lunch on the go. But I will try my best to create more content, come up with some great new recipes and workouts to share with you and try out some new bars and restaurants! I got so many cute workout clothes for Christmas too so that definitely helps motivate me to record my workouts! That’s all for now!
Enjoy and comment to let me know if you did this workout! Follow for maximum effect! #DailyDose